Catholic Education Week – May 2 to 7, 2021
The theme for Catholic Education Week 2021, “Nurturing Hope,” reminds us that publicly funded Catholic education is a call to service. Regardless of our position or our responsibilities within Catholic education, our role is a call, birthed in our Baptism, to bring the saving message of Jesus Christ into the lives of those students and their families whom it is our privilege to serve.
Here's what's on the horizon for the week.
- Three schools will win $1,000 worth of technology
- Each time a class completes a new challenge, they can add a slide to the slideshow deck, which is found on the Staff Learning Hub
- Photos or videos of students participating in the challenge, which are posted to the Staff Hub, become the ballots for each school.
- Classes can enter one per day.
- The contest is open to all students in K-8 classes and runs now through Friday, May 7th.
- Read More
- An inspirational text by Author Brooke Rothshank
- Our St. Clair Catholic community will be invited to reflect on the ‘tiny gratitudes’ in their lives and create their own art pieces.
- We will share these uplifting messages of gratitude, big and small, with each other through social media using the hashtags #sccdsb; #CEW2021; and #tinygratitudes
- We will also prepare and share a collaborative slide show.
- Read More
St. Angela Merici Blessing
- The Blessing of St. Angela Merici Catholic School is a virtual celebration that will take place during Catholic Education Week on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
- Bishop Joseph Dabrowski, of the Diocese of London, along with Father Jim Higgins will celebrate the official blessing of the school.
- Deb Crawford and Chair of the Board John Van Heck will be joined by students and staff, along with Superintendent Laura Callaghan, Principal Juli Faubert and Vice Principal Sara Vadovic, and a host of dignitaries, including Education Minister Stephen Lecce, MPP Rick Nicholls and Mayor Darrin Canniff to officially acknowledge and celebrate this new school.
- This virtual celebration will be live-streamed beginning at 1:00 p.m.
To view the live event, click on the link below. https://youtu.be/WanuLtPXswk
To view the live event with a live ASL interpreter, please join the Zoom meeting below. Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 0644 2425
Province-Wide Catholic Education Week Mass – Cardinal Collins
- A province-wide Mass for Catholic Education Week will be celebrated by His Eminence Thomas Cardinal Collins
- The Mass will be held on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 11:00am.
- All students, families, board staff, trustees and the broader Catholic community are invited to participate “virtually” in this celebration of the Eucharist, live from St. Michael’s Cathedral.
- Watch the virtual mass here.