Libro Student Awards Program
APPLY TO WIN 1 OF 31 $2,000 AWARDS!
Libro Credit Union's student award program supports youth who demonstrate outstanding commitment to their community while balancing academic success.
In 2018, Libro will be awarding 31 students across southwestern Ontario with scholarships of $2,000 each – a total investment of $62,000 in local students.
Full-time students that are residents of southwestern Ontario (postal code starts with an N) or an Owner of Libro Credit Union, age 17-25, who are enrolled in a Canadian college, university or apprenticeship programs for the 2018-2019 academic year are welcome to apply.
STUDENT AWARDS APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2018 & CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018 AT 11:59PM EST
Applicants will be notified by May 30
CLICK HERE for more information
CLICK HERE for Full Rules and Regulations
Stacey Levitt Memorial Award ($2500)
The Stacey Levitt Memorial Award was created in memory and celebration of Stacey’s life by her family through Parachute. This annual high school student award encourages Canadian youth to embody Stacey’s qualities and ideals and Parachute’s overarching goal of a long life lived to the fullest, while maintaining an approach that is rooted in risk management and injury prevention.
The Levitt family awards each year's selected recipient $2,500 in funding to help them live their life to the fullest. The award could be put towards an educational endeavour, engagement in sports, or investment in a travel experience – all pursuits that would have resonated with Stacey.
Online application available on our web site http://www.parachutecanada.org/programs/topic/C413
Dead line March 02, 2018
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance Company
2018 Scholarship Program
- Any student aged 19 years or younger in the year when post-secondary studies begin.
- Student must be enrolled at an Ontario university or college as a full time student in the current year of awarding scholarship.
- Student must be attending university or college for the first time as a first year student.
CLICK HERE for conditions and application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018
YMCA CELEBRATION OF YOUTH AWARDS
What would you do with $1000?
The YMCA Celebration of Youth Awards recognize deserving youth in Sarnia-Lambton, 17-20 years of age whose outstanding talents and achievements have made a difference in our community. The awards focus on youth who have demonstrated leadership sensitivity to others, innovation, development of personal talents, overcoming personal challenge and service to community. Special consideration is given to youth faced with financial barriers.
- online application
- 500-1000 word essay
- two references
- current transcript
- Application deadline is March 9, 2018
- Ensure you are available weekend of April 20-21, 2018
CLICK HERE for more information.
CLICK HERE for Award Descriptions.
CLICK HERE for Application Form.
Please see your guidance counsellor if you have any questions.
Western University believes in rewarding students’ pursuit of excellence with one of Canada’s most extensive and attractive scholarship programs. Our National Scholarship Program is designed to recognize exceptional undergraduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and extracurricular achievement.
For the 2018/2019 academic year, the Western National Scholarship Program includes the following scholarships:
- Five President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 annually for years two to four) and up to 15 at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first year residence costs). *These scholarships are reserved for international (visa) students (not Canadian citizens or Permanent residents of Canada);
- Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000 ($6,000 annually, plus $6,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards redeemable for participation in a Western approved study abroad program. Valued at $2,500 for up to 4 months (one term), $5,000 for over 4 months (more than one term);
- One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award valued at $64,000 ($16,000 per academic year for a period of four years);
- Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
The on-line application for the Western National Scholarship Program and additional information including number of students each school can nominate can be found at:
BURGER KING SCHOLAR
High school seniors, Burger King employees, their dependent children in the U.S. , Canada and Puerto Rico can apply to receive up to $50 000 in scholarship awards for the 2018-2019 school year.
High school seniors must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible and be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs and/or religious organizations.
Don’t miss you chance to become a Burger King scholar. Apply today!
The application period for the 2018-2019 school year is open from Oct. 15, 2017 through Dec. 15, 2017
Schulich Leader Scholarships
Schulich Leader Scholarships are the largest and most prestigious undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) scholarships in Canada, with a value of up to $100 000 each.
Fifty students receive this celebrated award each year.
Learn more at SchulichLeaders.com
Interested students, please see a Guidance Counsellor before February 1st, 2018.
TD Scholarship for Community Leadership
If you are a community leader and a hard-working student ready for college or university, they you’re the perfect candidate.
As a recipient of 1 of 20 TD Scholarships, you’ll get up to $10 000 for tuition and $7 500 for living expenses per year for up to four years, plus offers of summer employment at TD.
Click Here for more information
Deadline: November 17, 2017
Father Ted Colleton Scholarship
Sponsored by the Niagara Region Right to Life
Open to senior high school students Grades 11 & 12
Three awards: 1st Prize: $1500; 2nd Prize: $800; 3rd Prize $500
Scholarship program includes writing an essay of 1500 words.
Click Here for more information
Deadline: Postmarked NO LATER than Friday, December 1, 2017
Fireside Essay Scholarship
Recognizes outstanding Catholic High School seniors who are daily "Putting their Faith into Action."
Five winners will receive $1000 cash awards for writing a 750-word essay on how their religious education is influencing their lives.
Click Here for more information
Deadline: Monday, December 4, 2017
Local Scholarships and Bursaries
These are the local scholarship and bursary applications that guidance counsellors referred to during the grade 12 homeroom visits in September.
PLEASE have a look at what you might be qualified to apply for!!!
- Lambton County BURSARY Application Form (Click Here)
- Lambton County SCHOLARSHIP Application Form (Click Here)
DEADLINE TO ST. PATRICK'S STUDENT SERVICES: FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2018
NOTE: A more detailed description of awards is available on the LKDSB web site under "Scholarships & Bursaries" (Click Here)
Matching Students to Money for School
The Scholarship is open to yconic members who are:
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of CAnada or international students with a valid student visa (permit must be for one year or longer)
- 16 years old or older at the time of application
- High school students planning to enroll in a certificate, diploma or degree program in the 2018/2019 or 2019/2020 academic year at a Canadian college, university or trade school
How to Apply:
Online at: www.yconic.com
Deadline: Thursday, November 2, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m. ET
Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship Program
If integrity, determination and courage describe you - you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Our scholarships reward students who possess the character to overcome adversity and succeed in life. We help students overcome financial barriers to pursuing higher education.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduating high school with plans to enter a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2018 or must be CEGEP students planning to pursue a university education
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a degree at a post-secondary institution (in Quebec a three year vocational program or a two year preparatory program followed by a university degree are acceptable)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 65
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens
How to Apply:
Online at: www.horatioalger.ca/en/scholarships AND please see your guidance counsellor
Deadline: October 25, 2017
Every year, we assess over 4000 applicants and select up to 34 promising young Canadians as Loran Scholars, based on evidence of integrity, courage, grit and a high level of person autonomy.
We provide Loran Schlars with opportunities to explore, develop and share their talents over four years of undergraduate study. At this time, there are 121 scholars attending 19 different universities across the country.
Eligibility criteria for high school students:
- Be in your final year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Must be 16 years of age or older as of September 1, 2018
How to Apply:
Online at: www.loranscholar.ca/apply
Deadline: October 18, 2017 (8:00 p.m. ET)