- This year's grad 12 cohort a minimum of 20 hours of community service hours for graduation.
- The Ministry of Education has promoted this online resource to help students collect find volunteer opportunities.
IMPORTANT INFO. ABOUT YOUR 40 HOURS
Sarnia Sting Volunteer Opportunities 2021-2022
The Sarnia Sting is looking for a large number of volunteers for a wide variety of volunteer positions. Positions include: social media, promotions, merchandising, hockey operations, DJ, working with large groups and analytics. This is an an opportunity that for many will lead to paid employment. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com by September 24.
Additionally, Sarnia Sting is looking for ushers. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours while watching the game!! If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (COVID-friendly) WEBINAR
Although finding volunteer opportunities during the pandemic has been hard, it isn't impossible!! On December 1, 2020 at 4:00 PM, MyBlueprint is hosting a webinar on COVID-friendly volunteer opportunities. The session will be hosted by Kate from the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative.
Please click here to register for the webinar.
Volunteer Ideas in Virtual Times
All high school students are encouraged to continue to accumulate community involvement hours this year, provided they meet Lambton Public Health Safety recommendations. Below are some ideas to help spark your creativity and develop your leadership skills.
Students are encouraged to think about creative ways to support the community that do not put themselves or others at risk. This may include volunteer activities that can be completed at home or online. Some examples of possible activities are:
- A letter-writing campaign to seniors living in a nursing or retirement home;
- Delivering groceries to elderly/immunocompromised neighbours or family members who do not want to go to busy grocery stores;
- Sewing masks to donate to social agencies;
- Virtual tutoring to help students practice reading, communication, math and/or other skills
LEADS Employment Services is offering a Youth Leadership Development Program who works with clients who need varying levels of assistance developing skills and accessing volunteer and employment opportunities. Youth can expect the following from participation in the program:
- Skills and confidence that will assist in obtaining employment in the future
- Finish required high school service hours
- Meet other young adults with similar hobbies and interests
- Develop goals and plans for the future
- Leave program with professional references /networks and resume
- Leave program with optional training such as First Aid & CPR, Smart Serve, Safe Food Handling, etc.
Please see here for contact information and further details.
CLICK HERE to find out more
Sarnia-Lambton Youth Advisory Board
Sarnia-Lambton MP, Marilyn Gladu, is starting a non-partisan Youth Advisory board for students between the ages of 15-19 to share their input on federal issues. The one year term position would begin on November 17, 2020. All youth who wish to apply are asked to forward their contact information and age to email@example.com by November 2, 2020. Please see here for more information.