SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
- If you haven't already spoken to your Guidance Counsellor, it is advisable to discuss whether or not summer school is a good option for you BEFORE you register.
- To register for summer school please fill out the form at the link below - completing this form is NOT a guarantee of enrolment in your requested course. Enrolment is based on course availability and space. Your Guidance Counsellor will connect with you should there be any concerns with your course request.
- Submit your registration request here by June 18th, 2021: SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM 2021
Students can expect to hear from their summer teacher during the last week of June or the first week of July.
**If you were looking to repeat a failed course online this summer, please email your guidance counsellor.
To get into your course, whether it's offered by our school board or another one, please log into our eLearning site:
Log in with your full @sccdsb.net email address (firstname.lastname@example.org -- make sure you include the @sccdsb.net part) and your network password (the password you would use to log onto a school PC; it's not necessarily the same as your Google password).
Once in, look for a link to your course. If you do not see your course it may not have started yet. Course start and end dates depend upon the offering school board. If you don't see your course by July 6th, please contact email@example.com.
If you need help through the summer the answer will likely lie with your teacher (if it's course related) or myself (if it's a technical problem). Please do NOT contact your counselor in the summer, they may not be monitoring their email.
Summer School Orientation
A live Summer school orientation session will be offered on June 17th from 10-11 a.m. If you'd like to join, please sign up here (you must be using your school Google account to sign up). A Google Meet link will be sent to all registrants closer to the event.
For any help getting started please contact your Guidance Counselor (before June 24), your summer teacher by email, or Mr. Giroux
UCC students may take one credit during the summer semester. The St.Clair Catholic School Board offers a number of courses (see below), though students may request to take any course if there is availability in other school boards. Please talk to your counselor if you are considering upgrading a mark or taking a new course this summer.
Student orientation will take place online or in school for eLearning students in June; details to follow.
The St. Clair Catholic District School Board (SCCDSB) will be offering these courses to eligible SCCDSB students (pending enrollment):
- CHV20 - Grade 10 Civics and Citizenship (Open) - English
- GLC20 - Grade 10 Career Studies (Open) - English
- ENG3U - Grade 11 English (University)
- ENG4U - Grade 12 English (University)
**Students hoping to take other courses over the summer should speak with their counselor about course availability through other school boards. Courses offered by other boards may start and end on different dates than SCCDSB.
Students: to access your course, even if it's offered by another school board, go to http://sccdsb.elearningontario.ca. Use your usual username (firstname.lastname###) and your network password.
A few words of advice for students considering summer school:
- Time management is critical.
You're squeezing five months worth of work into 4 weeks. Expect to spend an average of 4-5 hours each day working on your course. If you are working, volunteering, etc. this summer consider scaling back on those activities during the course, especially during the first week. That way you can get a better sense of the course's demands.
- Message your teacher if you run into trouble.
Expect a short delay in their response. Teachers will be online every week day but their schedule may not line up with yours.
- Use Full Screen when reading the course content.
It's a small thing, but it will make using the site much easier.
- Read the Course Overview
Students taking courses through SCCDSB with an exam MUST report to either St. Patrick's or UCC to write it. Students taking summer courses with exams through other school boards are also welcome write in either St. Patrick's or UCC. Make arrangements with your teacher or the SCCDSB eLearning Contact.
Should you require any support during the summer, please contact:
- Your Teacher - for any questions related to the course, such as help with assignments
Do not contact your counselor, they may not be monitoring their email.