Derek Morrison, Principal
Welcome to Sacred Heart Catholic School. Our priority as a staff is to be focused on providing an educational environment that will enhance and encourage Learning & Innovation, Faith & Well-being, Partnerships and Catholic Citizenship.
We also place a high importance on working with our parent community and strongly believe that parents play an integral role as partners in our efforts to educate the children in our care. As parents, you are encouraged to participate in school activities, maintain communication with school staff and be actively involved in the direction and needs of your child’s education.
The following expectations for a graduate from an Ontario Catholic School listed by the Institute for Catholic Education in 1998 provide a framework for the educational goals of our students at Sacred Heart Catholic School. The graduate is expected to be:
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mystery of God’s presence through sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living.
- An effective communicator, who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responds critically in light of gospel values.
- A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good.
- A self-directed, responsible, life-long learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
- A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work, which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good.
- A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish, and the wider community.
- A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice, and the sacredness of human life.
On behalf of the staff at Sacred Heart Catholic School, my prayers and best wishes are extended to all of our families and we look forward to working together to provide an exceptional Catholic education for every student.