|Our high school inherits a rich and lasting
tradition of Catholic education. St. Angela Merici
(1474-1540), founder of the Ursuline Sisters, was especially
interested in the education of youth. One of her
followers, Mother Xavier LeBilhan sailed from France to
found a school in a tiny pioneer community, Chatham.
Known later as Ursuline College, this school for girls, from
1860 to 1971, drew students from widely scattered points in
Canada, the United States and even Latin America. In
1972 the school became coeducational and in 1973, our school
provided a Catholic High school education for boys and girls
from all over Kent County.
We are proud of our school because of its long
tradition of excellence. It has been a quality
educational facility since 1860 and will continue this
tradition into the millennium.