Safe Retrieval of Materials for Ursuline College Chatham, Catholic Secondary School
NOTE: This SCCDSB protocol has been developed to ensure adherence to Health Unit recommendations for the safety of our staff and students.
Dear parent(s) and guardian(s):
With the Minister of Education’s announcement of school closures until the end of June, the St. Clair Catholic District School Board has established a Safe Retrieval Protocol for students to collect their materials.
UCC’s plan to access the school for student personal belongings will take place Monday, June 15th through Wednesday June 17th from 9:00am until 12:30 pm.
The safety and well-being of students, staff and families is paramount for the SCCDSB and as such, the following protocol for the retrieval of student belongings has been approved by the Medical Officer of Health for Chatham-Kent.
Students/families MUST NOT visit the school if they do not pass the Self-Assessment.
Students who have not been travelling outside Canada within 14 days, are not ill with respiratory illness or COVID-19 symptoms and are not quarantined or in self-isolation, are eligible to access the school to retrieve personal belongings.
Please review the following protocol and schedule for accessing your child’s belongings from UCC.
Please note the following access protocols:
Due to current Provincial restrictions on Access to School Buildings - along with local Public Health guidelines – unscheduled or random visitors can not be allowed entry to our building sites. Retrieval of student belongings will be conducted by the students (unless parent/sibling required for support)
Any concerns about building entry should be directed to the school Principal.
At all times while in the building visitors must practice safe physical distancing of staying at least 2 meters (six feet) away from all other people, excepting their own family members.
Physical distancing (2m) MUST be maintained throughout this protocol. Staff, wearing personal protective equipment, will be present to monitor and support student access. Students are allowed to wear face coverings if desirable. Students and staff are always encouraged to practice good hand hygiene (e.g. frequent hand washing and the use of alcohol-based sanitizer). Sanitizers are mounted in the entrance of the school. Passive screening signage will indicate to visitors to not enter if they are experiencing any Covid 19 symptoms and to alert them to public health expectations such as sneezing and coughing etiquette.
• Student access will be granted through the school’s main office entrance.
• Access will be limited to a maximum of 40 students in the school at a time.
• A staff greeter will be stationed at each the main entrance point to record students’ name and date of entry. This must be completed while maintaining physical distancing.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at the door upon entry.
• Students will be provided with plastic garbage bags to hold their retrieved belongings and a small plastic baggie to return the school locker lock upon exit of the school.
• Staff will have student list of locker numbers and combination of the locks as well. If the student cannot open their locker, the custodian shall double check the numbers, and if necessary, open the lock with bolt cutters on site.
• Students may return items such as textbooks, library books and supplies at a predetermined location upon arrival. This will be a contactless process.
• Students who do not need to retrieve personal belongings from the school can return textbooks and library books to the front staffroom entrance on any day of school access.
• Staff will supervise/monitor students and student access areas throughout the school.
• There will be no washroom facilities available for use in the school.
• Students will be advised to use the stairs. Do not use elevators / lifts – unless required due to accessibility needs.
• Students will be required to use a line-up system outside with 2m sidewalk markers and
follow a direction of flow within the building (e.g. safety cones, arrows on the floor similar
to a grocery store, etc.).
• Students will be using separate entry and exit doors.
Student Pick-Up Schedule - Calendar for June 15 - 17
Monday June 15th - Arrival Times
9:00 - 10:30 - Student Last Names A - B
11:00 - 12:30 - Student Last Names C - E
Tuesday, June 16th - Arrival Times
9:00 - 10:30 - Student Last Names F - K
11:00 - 12:30 - Student Last Names L - O
Wednesday, June 17th - Arrival Times
9:00 - 10:30 - Student Last Names P - S
11:00 - 12:30 - Student Last Names T - Z
NOTE: Students who are unable to collect their belongings need to contact school administration to establish a time of “curbside” pickup at a later date. Any unclaimed belongings after one week will be donated where appropriate.
This visit is for locker clean up only. Students will go from the entrance, directly to their locker and then exit to return locks followed by leaving the school immediately. No items will be retrieved from classrooms. The locker cleanout should not last more than 7 minutes. If you wish to retrieve an item from your classroom, and it cannot wait until school resumes (ie. Grade 12 students), then please email your teacher.
Chromebooks, Wifi Hotspots, instruments and tech equipment will not be received on your locker day because they are necessary for learning until the last day of school. A communication will be sent later to return these items.
NOTE: WASHROOMS & WATER FOUNTAINS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS